Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Body Shop Review | A hit...and a miss

If you've been reading my review posts lately, you've probably noticed that a majority of the stuff are from The Body Shop. Maybe it's because I'm still a newbie when it comes to beauty things, but I always find myself going back to The Body Shop to look for products to try. I think it's their endless sales and promotions that keep reeling me in. Here are two of their "best-seller" products, Nutriganics Drops of Youth and Vitamin C Skin Boost that I'm going to review. One's a hit and one's a miss. 


It didn't take me 'till now to realize that Nutriganics Drops of Youth is actually an anti-aging serum that targets the first signs of aging. I think this just goes to show how clueless I am when it comes to beauty-related things, ah bare with me please haha. I do love to experiment and play around with new products however! 

I was very impressed by this serum when I first used it that I bought another one after finishing the first (note: this item no longer ships to California, can be purchased in stores only). It does exactly what it claims as it enhances surface skin condition, smoothes, and instantly moisturizes. For such a small bottle with a pretty big price tag, I mostly use it at night time after washing my face and it leaves my skin super soft, dewy, and fresh looking. On occasion, I would use it during the day to give my skin a fresher and healthier look. The serum has a light scent and unlike FAB's liquid serum (review here), it has a slightly thicker and goo-y consistency, making it easy to apply and massage onto my face. In terms of its anti-aging claims, I haven't noticed any major differences, but it has made my face look a lot brighter and smoother than it used to. 

This serum is an essential part of my daily skincare routine. It's gentle and non-drying while leaving my skin looking smooth and fresh. I would highly recommend this serum to those of you who have a dull/rough complexion. 

(P.S. You can usually get the product at a cheaper price than it originally retails with the sales & promotions that they always have going on!)


Now onto the one that was a miss...

I was really excited to try this because I was looking for something to help brighten my skin tone. After the first use however, my thought was that this small bottle was not worth the price. It claims to create instant smoothing radiance with a silky smooth finish and enhance your glow. But in actuality, this product did not work for me at all. Since it's slightly oily, I would use it in the mornings before I put on my moisturizer. It dispenses a tiny amount in one pump and it's more than enough to smooth over my entire face. Although it was an easy application as the formula glided on my skin and had a nice citrus scent, it really didn't do any more than that. The "glow" that it supposedly gives is from the light-reflecting specks in the formula, but I honestly did not see any brightening effects.

In short, the Vitamin C Skin Boost left my skin smooth and soft, but only temporary. At $27 a bottle, I would not be buying this again because I didn't see any long-term results. I think this would make a good base for makeup, but that's not really what I was looking for. 

I hope you found this review helpful and thank you for reading :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment