Saturday, May 31, 2014

Dressin' up my oatmeal


Working out builds quite an appetite in me. I don't know about you, but I always picture that post-workout meal to be rewarding and incredibly satisfying. After hitting the gym this morning, I came back to the dorm and whipped up a hot bowl of oatmeal in less than 10 minutes. For a college student who doesn't have a weekend meal plan and convenient access to a kitchen, oatmeal has definitely been my go-to breakfast/meal. I probably sound like an old soul for saying this, but you honestly can't go wrong with oatmeal. It makes the perfect base for when you want something quick, healthy, and just as filling. I've been really liking the Nature's Path Organic Instant Hot Oatmeal. It's tasty and comes in bigger portions than the Instant Quaker Oatmeal, which I did not enjoy. How I have my oatmeal: with a sprinkle of craisins here, a little bit of chia seeds there, a handful of raisins and a banana. Oh, and can't forget about the paper bowl and plastic spoon!

Healthy? Check. Satisfying? Check. Fancy eats in the dorm room? Um, I think yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment