Thursday, June 5, 2014

Review: Origins Charcoal Face Mask


I've been wanting to try a charcoal mask for a while now and decided to try the Origins Clear Improvement Mask. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or how my skin was going to react to it so I got the travel pack edition, which comes in four individual packets. 

The mask has a light scent and hardens after 20 minutes. I'm not going to lie, that moment when I feel the mask tightening on my face is just oh-so-satisfying because that's when I know it's working and sucking out all the dirt from my pores. It gets me pretty excited haha. The best part was seeing the results - I noticed a clearer and brighter complexion in my face after each use. 

As far as blemish-control goes, the product doesn't make me break out, but it doesn't completely prevent breakouts either. I could tell that the mask definitely reached deep into my pores and did its magic because it helped get rid of the blackheads that were around my nose. I was bummed that it was only temporarily though. A few days after each use, those feisty blackheads reappeared in the same exact spots on my nose as if they've never left. 

In short, the charcoal mask was gentle on my skin, did an amazing job getting all the gunk out of my pores, and left my face touchably soft and clean. 

Skin type profile:

✳︎ Sensitive 
✳︎ Oily/T-zone
✳︎ Redness/Inflammation
✳︎ Enlarged pores around nose area

2 comments:

  1. So I'm sure now.. I NEED to get this mask! Thanks for your review and for sending me the link! :) xx

    Jess In Retrospect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem, glad that i could help :)

      let me know what you think of it after trying it out!

      Delete