Saturday, June 21, 2014

DIY Summer Treats: Chocolate Covered Snack Bites

Today is officially the first day of summer and the longest day of the year here in the Northern Hemisphere. Woohoo! I thought this would be the perfect time to start a a mini series on my blog filled with fun and easy DIY recipes for the summer! 

I'm going to kick things off by introducing you guys to these frozen treats: bite-sized chocolate covered banana with peanut butter! Under the chocolate coating is peanut butter sandwiched between two banana slices. I'd like to call them chocolate covered PB&B sandwiches. And yes, I just made that up on the spot haha. I think they make a great snack on hot days and are a healthier option for all the sweet tooths out there. While I'm not a fan of peanut butter with chocolate (Reese's pieces? No, thanks!), these treats are an exception! The chocolate, banana, and peanut butter make a superb trio. When frozen, the banana slices give you that creamy texture while the peanut butter and chocolate really bring out the flavor of everything. 

To make these treats: all you need is one banana, a spoonful of peanut butter, and some chocolate chips. I suggest using a banana that is not so ripe, this will give you a good hold on the slices when spreading the peanut butter on them. As for the chocolate, I used 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips and microwaved them for 4 minutes, stopping every minute to stir. Once the PB&B sandwiches are coated with the melted chocolate, simply pop them in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. 

Enjoy!


For more detailed instructions on this recipe, here's a link that might help.

No comments:

Post a Comment