Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013, hello 2014!

Psst! look at that sweet old couple behind me!

Some parts of the world have already celebrated the new year by now, but here in the states, the festivities have just begun. I always get a little nostalgic around this time of the year because it's hard to believe that another year has come and gone, just like that. It's crazy how time flies right by, it's like super Sonic speed or something. (Ya know? Sonic the hedgehog?). 

Although it's always sad to see another year end, I will gladly say goodbye to...
Twerking
Harlem shakes 
Scandalous Justin Bieber reports

But some of the stars and figures we lost in 2013 will be missed dearly...
Nelson Mandela 
Paul Walker
Cory Monteith 

"An ending is just another beginning." 
I honestly just thought of that saying and how appropriate is it to have it for this occasion! Look at me, trying to make it look all official with the italics and quotation marks :p
But in all seriousness, I'm looking forward to the new year (it's the year of the horse in the Chinese zodiac).

My resolutions for 2014:
-worry LESS
-let go of the past
-don't make quick assumptions about others
-work hard and do MORE
-don't let negativity get the best of me

I'm excited to see what 2014 will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment