Saturday, July 25, 2015

Outfits of the Week | Work

It's been two weeks since I started working at my full time job in the city. On my first day, I felt like the new kid at school. Take away the school part, and in comes the new land of adulthood. I felt like I was thrown into a world of successful business people, overhearing stories of their significant others, experience being a new parent, and such. It helped calm my nerves that I was met with such a warm welcome in the office, being in a completely new setting and all. Now that I have a 9-5 work schedule, my life feels like it's strictly routine, making me really appreciate the weekends. Gone are the days of spontaneous midnight baking and movie marathons. It also makes me miss school. I've had many moments where I miss the college life, and that felt like it was ages ago when I graduated only last month. Time is such a tricky thing. Anyway, surviving the first few days at my post-grad job, check. Feeling like an adult, uh not check. Most of the time, I still feel like a kid; a kid who mistakenly got shoved into the real world. 

With a new job, comes new clothes! I was pretty excited realizing that I get to give my wardrobe a few changes. After making some purchases for proper work attire and pushing my casual wears to the back of the closet, I have yet to accept the fact that I'm not a student anymore. Clothes are for making impressions. They can give you a confidence boost, but it's not a permanent thing. Sure, the dress shirts and blouses make me look like I'm dressed for the part, but really on the inside, I'm still as confused and scared as ever. You are not what you wear. But I'm a firm believer in having fun with your personal style and making a statement, all the while keeping in mind that the things that really matter are skin deep and they are the things the eyes cannot see. (I was reminded of this when I was on social media the other day).

Finally getting around to the content relevant to this post title; below are my outfits for the week of July 20th. 

{ Monday }
top: ASOS
bottom: Vera Wang
shoes: BP.
bag: Urban Outfitters

{ Tuesday }
top: H&M
bottom: H&M
shoes: BP.

{ Wednesday }
top: Banana Republic cardigan, Express shirt
bottom: Uniqlo
shoes: Kimchi Blue from UO

{ Thursday }
dress: Ann Taylor
shoes: Kimchi Blue from UO

{ casual Friday }
top: Banana Republic
bottom: Uniqlo
shoes: ALDO

No comments:

Post a Comment