Sunday, July 5, 2015

Review: 3 things from TBS


Aloe Gentle Exfoliator
With the help of this product, I'm hoping it would get me into the habit of exfoliating daily to remove my stubborn blackheads. It's gentle and non-irritating. Though it's fragrance-free, it has a salicylic acid smell to me. It's faint, so it doesn't bother me. It cleared away the blackheads on my nose after the first use, but the stubborn ones managed to come back days later. I will definitely be holding onto this one to see if it makes any long-term differences for my skin. The exfoliator is no longer available on The Body Shop's website, but you can find their Aloe Gentle facial wash here.

This is a classic nude color in the shade Champagne & Gold. It's versatile, as it can be used as a base or on its own. It blends easily and is never cakey. I like to dab some on my inner eye corners for a brightening look. The shade has a bit of shimmer, but it's very subtle and doesn't get all over my face. The only downside is that it comes in a small size (it's about the same size as the Nivea lip butter), so price may not seem reasonable. 

Whenever I use this mango hand cream, it makes me think of a fruit stand in the summer time. It has a light citrus scent that lingers for a while after application. The gel-like cream absorbs easily, and the non-greasy formula leaves my skin feeing very soft. The twist cap can sometimes be too much to bother with, but the packaging looks nice and elegant!

Look out for a monthly favs (and not-so-favs) video from me where I will be mentioning some of these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment