Sunday, October 18, 2015

Essie in Topless & Barefoot


I don't do nail posts often, as the previous one was written more than a year ago! Don't get me wrong, I love nail polishes and tend to stand in the nail aisles for way longer than needed just to take in all the pretty seasonal shades. The idea of painting my nails gets me excited, but when it really comes down to it, I just don't seem to have the patience. There were so many times where my freshly painted nails didn't even last 5 minutes before I managed to ruin them with my clumsiness. It's frustrating and a huge downer to find them smudged after spending such a long time on them. My perfectionist side comes out when I do my nails. There can't be any finger marks and not even the smallest missed spots can go unfixed. I've accepted the fact that since nail polishes get chipped eventually, it's not worth doing my nails every so often. Plus I feel like I have to be really careful with my hands when I have my nails painted. Is that weird? 

But with all that being said, I'm going to do a sneaky post on this Topless and Barefoot Essie nail polish before it starts to feel like actual fall weather and everyone is searching for the perfect fall and winter shades. I'm a big fan of Essie's nail polishes, as the quality and smooth application are amazing. The colors last at least 7 days when used with a base and overcoat. I kept coming back to this barely-there color this summer, which is in a creamy soft shade that screams minimalistic. It's a staple piece in my abandoned collection of nail polishes, as it goes with everything that I wear. Neutrals just work with everything, I LOVE it. I've worn this color so many times in the past two months and completely left the rest of my nail polishes in the dust. You can't go wrong with an understated nude shade.

What's your favorite nail polish at the moment? 

2 comments:

  1. That's such a nice colour! I'm a perfectionist when it comes to nails as well, they have to look perfect! haha x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, one smudged nail and gotta go back to square one and do the whole hand lol

      Delete