Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Trader Joe's Tuesday: Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread & Muffin Baking Mix


I didn't realize these were gluten-free until I got home and looked at the box carefully for its baking instructions, that's how excited I was to see a pumpkin-themed item in the store in the middle of February. Though I don't have dietary restrictions, I get very curious about gluten-free, dairy-free alternatives and am always interested in trying them. I actually looked forward to these because a. pumpkin-flavored things are hard to find in February; and b. I was in the mood to do some lazy baking. I split the mix and made half muffins and half mini bread loaves. They came out extremely moist and had a gooey consistency. I seriously thought I had under-baked them, as they were dense and lacked the fluffiness texture. Flavor-wise, the muffins and breads were packed with flavor and brought me back to all the times I spent in the kitchen in the fall time. But texture is everything when it comes to food so I think I'll stick to the gluten-free baked goods that I get from cozy bakeries instead of from my kitchen. 

{ rating }
2 out of 5
_____

Previous Trader Joe's Tuesday posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment