Sunday, August 30, 2015

Review: Carols Daughter hair smoothie


Another hair-related post! If you missed my last post, which I talked about my new haircut and dyeing my hair, you can catch up here

With my fresh new 'do, I realized that I need to start taking better care of my hair and find ways to give my hair the shine and softness that it's been lacking for who knows how many years now. With my full asian genes at work, my thick hair is course and gets slightly frizzy after a wash. Also, when I was in the hair salon getting my haircut, the lady commented on my hair looking dry and dull. I was mainly looking for a hair mask that would moisturize, soften, and add shine to my hair. So the other day when I was in Target, I picked up this product: Carols Daughter moisture & shine hair smoothie in Black Vanilla. This stuff smells so wonderfully sweet and delicious! It reminds me of sugary vanilla cupcakes. Not just ONE cupcake, but cupcakeS because it's got such a rich & sweet scent. The 'smoothie" part of the product refers to the whipped consistency, which is more on the liquid side. Despite the instructions that say to use it on wet hair, the beauty consultant actually suggested to apply it directly on dry hair, and leave it in overnight for a deeper treatment. That night, I applied it generously all over my hair and left it in for 30 minutes, with a hair cap on. The formula absorbs quickly, making it easy to apply a lot of it at once. I used a golfball size amount on my short-medium long hair, which I now think about it, I may have applied too much. Going for ping-pong size amount next time. After the wash, my hair was instantly soft and smooth, it added a bit of shine, too! 

The product claims it restores moisture, improves manageability, and enhances shine, and after one use, I feel like it did it all. I'm vey impressed with this product, and I love that it's free of parabens, artificial colors, and other harmful ingredients. It smells so good that it feels like a real treat when I'm using it. I highly recommend this hair mask for anyone with dry and course hair and who are looking for a quality deep hydrating hair formula. 

No comments:

Post a Comment