Monday, September 7, 2015

Happy 2nd blogiversary + cupcakes to celebrate!




You have no idea how excited I am writing this post. I don't know if it's because of these amazing fudge brownie cupcakes with peanut butter frosting or that it's my blog's second anniversary! (It's both!). Truth is I'm actually a day late on the whole blogiversary front...but it's been exactly two years (and one day) since I wrote my first post. TWO YEARS! It's such a cliche to say this, but it feels like it was just yesterday when I decided to share bits and pieces of my lifestyle to the world. Back in 2013 was when I really got into watching Youtube videos on lifestyle and beauty, which exposed me to the blogging platform. I remember being immensely absorbed in what others had written especially when it comes to health, beauty, and food. I loved looking at the flawless visuals and aesthetics of each blog, as they are all very different and unique. The flawless photography reeled me in, and it's one of the reasons I started this blog. Through my own photos, I wanted to connect with others and bring them the same positive and bright feelings I get when looking at other peoples' blogs. Every post that I do is a learning step toward what I hope to accomplish on my blog: a visually appealing and genuine outlet that highlights the beauty and appreciation toward the things I adore and enjoy talking about. I have a lot of fun playing around with my blog and brainstorming ideas of what to share next. 

It's embarrassing to say, but it slipped my mind that yesterday marked the second blogiversary of the little thing and more, I even reminded myself that the special day was approaching earlier last month. I don't know how I can forgive myself, but these homemade cupcakes is a pretty good start. 


I made these fudge brownie cupcakes quite spontaenously today, and in the midst of all the mixing and whisking, it dawned upon me that I had missed my second blogiversary. Now comes in these yummy cupcakes to save the day and to celebrate the occasion! Initially, I wasn't too excited about the peanut butter frosting because I'm not a fan of chocolate with peanut butter. (Reese's pieces are the worst). But I decided to give it a try because they looked scrumptious on Sally's Baking Addiction, which is my favorite blog to go to for dessert recipes. I took my baking skills to the next level and bought my first set of piping tips! I used the 1M piping tip for these cupcakes, which made them look very pretty and dream-like almost. The swirls are everything. The cupcakes were simple and quick to make. I'm super happy with how they turned out and for someone who doesn't like the chocolate-and-peanut-butter combo, these were such a treat! The smooth peanut butter frosting complements the fudge brownie cupcake wonderfully! The cupcakes are incredibly delectable, and the warm, earthy colors remind me of the upcoming colder months. I'm going to exert some self-control here and not go off topic talking about everything that is great and joyous about the festive season. Instead, here's the recipe for making these cupcakes that may or may not make you excited for autumn. 


{ makes 12 brownie fudge cupcakes }

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs, room temperature
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

{ peanut butter frosting }

5 tablepoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 heavy cream
chocolate sprinkles (optional)

 >> Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees <<

1. For the { cupcakes } in a glass bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Mix in the brown sugar until smooth and microwave for 1 minute. Stir the mixture until smooth. Add vanilla extract and eggs. 
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, soda, and salt. Gradually add in the wet ingredients from previous step and stir until the dry ingredients are completely blended.
3. Fill the muffin tins 2/3 way full. bake for 8-10 minutes. let it cool for a few seconds before inserting a toothpick in the center. the toothpick should come out clean. 
4. For the { frosting } using a mixer, beat softened butter until smooth and fluffy. add the peanut butter and mix until combined. Add confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and heavy cream. Beat from low to high for about 2 minutes. 
5. Frost cooled cupcakes, and top with chocolate sprinkles

For { storing } keep leftover cupcakes in an airtight container in the fridge or at room temperature for up to 3 days.

Adapted slightly from Sally's Baking Addiction

2 comments:

  1. yaay happy blogiverasry! these cupcakes look so yummy! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! i devoured the the first one in seconds :p

      Delete