Sunday, February 7, 2016

January Loves


I've been meaning to share some of my current favorites ever since last month, hence the title --- and am so happy that I finally got this blog post up along with a video before mid-February comes around. What are some of your current favorites?

| STYLE |

I've completely fallen in love with this watch. The simplicity of the details is every minimalistic's dream come true. The subtle tan leather band paired with the gold face creates a very classy, yet chic look. It's such a versatile piece that I wear it every day!

Cat Ears Headband (similar)
This was a last minute purchase for my Halloween costume in October, but this has been super useful for keeping my baby hair out of my face when I'm doing a mask or just washing up before bed. I love that I've found a new use out of it, because otherwise it would've just been lost in a drawer somewhere. Bonus points for looking cute with these ears on when your face is covered in charcoal hehe.

The purple-orange lenses really set it apart from my other pairs of sunglasses. It has a fun and playful style to it, which is perfect for Spring and Summer. I also like that it's very light so I don't have to worry about having marks on my face after wearing it for a long time. I can't wait to wear this on beach days.

| BEAUTY |

I've always dreaded putting on SPF, because of its' thick formula and artificial smell, but this product is AMAZING. It has a watery consistency, but goes on matte and absorbs quickly. It doesn't clog my pores and is perfect for people with oily and sensitive skin like me. I'm never going back to drugstore sunscreen after this. 

This lipstick is an old favorite of mine, and honestly it's one of the beauty products that I will always come back to. It's super moisturizing and has been a staple piece in my winter makeup routine. From the tube, it looks like a dark grape color, but it actually comes out to a pretty fuchsia shade, which complements  my skin tone as it brightens my complexion.

The eyeshadow stick is in this soft champagne color that's perfect for either everyday looks or girls night outs. I use it on my eyelids and on the inner corners of my eyes for a natural bright-eyed look. 

This body butter from The Body Shop smells like dessert in a jar. It makes me feel like I'm indulging in something sweet and heavenly every time I put it on before I go to bed at night.

| FOOD |

Belvita breakfast biscuits in Cranberry Orange
I'm addicted to these. I would grab one every morning before heading out the door during the weekdays. They're the next best thing to having a real breakfast. They only have a hint of sweetness and I find them to be super satisfying compared to a regular granola bar. 

Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares - Dark Chocolate Collection 
Not a bad word can ever be said when it comes to chocolate, especially dark chocolate. It's so hard to simply have just one of these. If you haven't tried their dark chocolate collection (contains dark chocolate with caramel, 72% cacao , and 60% cacao), I definitely recommend it. Being that I haven't had chocolate for a while, this is a very dangerous thing to have around the house.


4 comments:

  1. Love the sunglasses, and that headband is too cute :)

    Samantha | www.questforcalm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks samantha! nothing like a fun pair of sunglasses to get you in the summer mood hehe

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I want to try the body butter! It sounds super delicious lol!

    yukitty.net

    ReplyDelete