Sunday, June 5, 2016

New York Minute ◇ Highlights from NYC

Growing up, I loved watching the Olsen twins, and New York Minute was one of my favorite movies from them. I've seen the movie numerous times and never have I imagined I would someday get to visit New York and experience life in a city where everything is bigger, brighter, and louder. My girlfriends and I were in New York during the last week of June and it was one of the most amazing trips I've ever been on. We ate our way through the beautiful city and trekked 6 miles on average (that's about 12,000 steps!). Having walked so much, somehow I still struggle to tell the difference from streets, blocks, and avenues in the city. The landscapes were mesmerizing and the street views were cute and charming. I wanted to take a piece of the city home with me and the closest solution I found was - actually I found two solutions. One was a video documenting my trip, second was a post detailing the favorite places I visited in New York. Without further ado, below is an overview of the places I visited, including highlights from the trip.

______


DAY 1 
East Village and Union Square/5th Av
◇ Root & Bone
◇ Spot Dessert Bar
◇ Ootoya
◇ Dear Irving
◇ 10Below Ice Cream

Root & Bone

Spot Dessert Bar

______


DAY 2
Chelsea, West Village, and Koreatown
◇ Cookshop
◇ The High Line
◇ Chalait
◇ Times Square

The Cookshop

The Cookshop

The High Line

Times Square

Times Square

______


DAY 3 
SoHo
◇ Jack's Wife Freda
◇ Laudarée
◇ Magum Pop-Up

Soho

Jack's Wife Freda

Magnum Pop-Up

______


DAY 4 
Theater District and Financial District
◇ Wicked
◇ Bibble & Sip
◇ Totto Ramen
◇ World Trade Center & 9/11 Memorial

Wicked

Bubble & Sip

Totto Ramen

Financial District 

World Trade Center

______


DAY 5 
 Chelsea and Midtown East
◇ Fonda
◇ Museum of Sex
◇ Grand Central Station
◇ Lady M
◇ Central Park
◇ The Met
◇ Momofuku Noodle Bar

Fonda

Grand Central Station

Lady M

Central Park

The Met

Momofuku Noodle Bar

______



No comments:

Post a Comment