Sunday, January 17, 2016

A Touch of Gold

the face shop gel touch nails (similar)

I'm going through some serious post-holiday blues now that the festivities are over and everyone's gone back to their regular routines. Let me take a moment here (or maybe just an excuse) to share this pretty gold nail polish that I wore to all the end-of-the-year events. The parties are over, but you can't stop a girl from having a glam moment from time to time, ya know? The gold nail polish, which is from a Korean beauty brand called The Face Shop, has specks of shine and gold that creates the prettiest shade of gold I've ever seen. The color is subtle, yet looks chic and glamorous in every angle. I love that I can incorporate the color into my everyday wardrobe without looking too over the top. The quality of the nail polish is amazing, as the gel-touch formula makes my nails smooth to the touch. I only need two coats and the color lasts for at least 10 days without chipping. The gold looks good on its own and is versatile enough to use with other shades. In the picture above, I used The Face Shop gold nail polish with Essie's nude shade in topless & barefoot. I used tape to create the two-toned style and I'm very happy with how well it turned out. Who knew that I had patience for this impromptu at-home nail session when I mentioned in an old post about my love-hate relationship with doing my nails. 


No comments:

Post a Comment