Sunday, September 20, 2015

Korean Beauty Review: SOKOGLAM


High-quality ecommerce shops for Korean beauty products have made a big name for themselves in American pop culture, as they have quickly become one of the hottest trends. From snail creams to gel masks, the Korean beauty industry seems to be way more advanced all the while keeping the products at an affordable cost. I haven't done much shopping for Asian beauty products since my Memebox haul in March, and being that the site reduced its selection of skincare products since then, I decided to try a different shop. 

Sokoglam is a Korean beauty and lifestyle site that offers quality skincare and makeup products - all hand-picked by beauty experts. Read below to see what I purchased from the trusted brand: 



Comes in a sleek design, with the twistable pencil on one end and the spoolie on the other. The pencil is easy to use, and the dark brown shade goes on smoothly. It adds definition to my brows, while creating a soft and natural look. 


Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Cream

A lightweight moisturizer that claims to lock in hydration all day long. I was a bit thrown off when I opened the lid and it looked like 1/4 of the formula was missing. It could've simply been a design flaw. A little goes a long way with this lightly scented cream. It has a cooling effect, and makes my skin feel fresh and clean. It also absorbs quickly and gives my skin a dewey look that unfortunately lasts about 5 minutes after applying. The airy consistency is similar to Etude House's Collagen Sleeping Pack. The Super Aqua Cream has a long list of ingredients, as the formula contains 30 different extracts for deep hydrating purposes. I recommend using this cream at night for deep hydration.


Klairs Supple Preparation Toner

Formulated for those who have extremely sensitive skin. The product claims to reduce irritation and provide hydration. This may be strange to point out, but I'm so used to seeing the gunk left on the cotton pads from my previous toner that this one doesn't seem to collect as much dirt and oil after each use. Not sure if it works differently or that it's just not as effective. Though it contains fragrance, the toner doesn't have a smell upon use. Even though it's a simple and gentle product, it's nothing impressive compared to other toners that I've used. I especially enjoyed the Holika Holika toner from awhile back.

No comments:

Post a Comment