Friday, November 29, 2013

The beginning of the holiday season


There's something about a lit candle in a dark room on a cold night that just makes everything better. On Thanksgiving night, I was staring at this candle when I suddenly realized how happy I was. It came as a wonderful surprise as I haven't felt that way in a long time. So there I was, in the company of my loved ones and of course, delicious food, I was happy and worry-free. All the stress and frustrations I was bottling up floated away - it was the best feeling. I knew that it wasn't going to last, but I didn't let that stop me from enjoying the moment. In that instant, it was simply an amazing feeling

Maybe it's the holiday season, but I just feel extremely touched and thankful for everything and everyone in my life. I honestly could not have asked for anything more. 

Aside from the holiday season being a time for giving, I think it is also a time for reflecting. Looking back on the year, it is important to celebrate our triumphs while recognizing our mistakes and failures. I believe that, in doing so, it will help us grow into a better person.

With that said, it was really the candle that made me take a step back and realize what I was feeling at the moment. On a much lighter note, my new favorite thing is burning candles. I think candles are great at setting the mood because they create such a bright and calming atmosphere. Besides, it's a lovely addition for any occasion, especially around the holiday time! 

I hope you are excited for the holiday season as much as I am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment