Saturday, August 23, 2014

Feelin' Blue


It's been such a long time since I've treated myself to new nail polish, and even longer time since I've painted my nails. I was trying hard to limit myself on getting new nail polishes because I tend to go overboard with all of the never-ending pretty colors that they're always coming out with. But while I was in Forever 21 the other day, I gave in and picked up this nail polish in the warm blue color, called Stone Blue. This was definitely an impulsive buy and the fact that there was a student discount happening that day did not help haha. I've never tried Forever 21's nail polishes before, but at $2.80 a bottle, I thought why not. 

This is a nice transitioning color from summer to fall since the next season is right around the corner. (I wouldn't be surprised if the stores are stocking up on Halloween things right about now). The color's not showy, but it still has a very cool and chic look to it. I applied 2-3 coats and expected for it to chip easily after a few days. It's been over a week now and the nail polish is still looking pretty good with no major chips. This is impressive considering that I didn't use a base or top coat this time (anyone else guilty of this?). In terms of the quality, it's way better than the nail polishes I have from Claire's, and I would place it right below the drugstore brand nail polishes that I own - the ones from Maybelline and Sally Hansen. 

Forever 21's nail polish in Stone Blue left a great first impression on me. It's decent quality at an affordable price, how can I say no to that? 

What are some of your favorite nail polish colors for Fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment