Monday, August 4, 2014

Sunday Eats #1

Now that I've been living on my own for over a month now, i've realized that food is the number one thing that i'm always thinking about. When i'm not eating, i'm thinking about what to eat for the next meal or next day, and when i am eating, i'm usually thinking about what to pack for lunch for work/school tomorrow. When i'm showering or just doing some things online, my mind would randomly drift to thinking about food and if there is anything to eat in the apartment. 

Being the indecisive person that i am, going grocery shopping takes me way longer than it should be. Trust me, you do not want to go food shopping with me because i will just stand in front of the yogurt or cereal aisle and think long and hard about what to get. There are just so many choices and i want to try everything! I've given up on making grocery lists because they never work for me. I always make last minute decisions once i'm at the store. Do you know anyone who's like that? 

If I want to cook a meal that is satisfying and going to give me plenty of leftovers for the rest of the week, i have to always plan ahead to prepare the ingredients. The first time i made chicken curry, it wasn't until the last minute that i found out i had to defrost the chicken breasts overnight in the fridge. That was a slight setback all right. Like i said, planning ahead is extremely important when it comes to making a home cooked meal. Oh gosh, look at me just rambling on. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to start doing some life in a day, in this case, Sunday posts that are going to be all about the food that i ate on that day. Just wanted to share the healthy, not-so-healthy, and at-times-random meals that i eat on lazy Sundays!

- Breakfast -

I had oatmeal with banana, blueberries, raisins, with cinnamon and chia seeds sprinkled on top. I also made myself a cup of mocha with 1 tablespoon instant coffee + 2 tablespoons dark hot chocolate + almond milk. 

- Lunch -
I was at Trader Joe's the other day and grabbed these because i thought i would give it a try. The Mandarin Orange Chicken looked especially good when i was in the freezer aisle. I think i had a craving for meat that day. 

First off, the quinoa was really annoying to wash because the tiny grains easily slipped through my fingers when i was pouring out the dirty water. And for the price, it was not worth it. I won't be getting it again. On the other hand, the orange chicken was tender and very tasty! I think it was mostly the sauce that made me want to have more haha. It came with two mandarin orange ginger sauce packs that you can heat up in the microwave.

 Quinoa, cherry tomatoes, Mandarin orange chicken, and fried egg

 - Snack - 

Golden kiwi, blueberries, and grapes

- Dinner - 

This was where i got lazy...but hey ramen is essential when it comes to college eats. 

To help with my craving for something sweet after dinner, i had cereal with honey and cinnamon. 

(You can obviously tell that i put the most effort into my breakfast and everything just gradually starts going downhill from there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment