Monday, November 30, 2015

My First Advent Calendar


Now that Thanksgiving is over, I'm in full on Christmas mode. I managed to hung up every string of lights I had collected over the years without making the house look like an outrageous light show. Earlier, I was out for a grocery run and in the car I saw so many people's houses decorated with holiday lights. It got me so excited because the holiday season is officially here! Another exciting thing is the world of advent calendars. With a surprise behind each door, it's such a fun way to count down to Christmas. Though advent calendars are quite limited in the States compared to UK, I was very happy to find one that suited to my taste. I picked up the Yankee Candle advent calendar because one of my favorite things in the winter time is having lit candles on a chilly night. And anything that smells warm and inviting, I'm all for it. I think these scented surprises are perfect for the tealight holders that I got earlier this month. Aside from it being my first advent calendar, it also feels very special because I get to open door number one on my birthday, the first of December! Something tells me I'm going to start December on a very good note. 

No comments:

Post a Comment